As a takeout option, Chinese is hard to beat. A heap of hot fried rice is gastronomic heaven. This comfortable dish doesn't have to cost restaurant pricing. If you're watching your budget, learn how to prepare vegan fried rice at home. It's excellent, so grab the wok and cook.
1. Baked Tofu Fried Rice Bowl: Add marinated and baked tofu to fried rice for protein and taste. This delightful, aromatic recipe will please the whole family, even picky eaters.
2. Korean style suppli (fried rice balls): Fried rice in bite-sized, crispy balls is one of the best ways to eat it. Joanne Molinaro of The Korean Vegan veganized this Roman meal by adding chopped vegan gyerranmari, a salty, cheesy, egg-free omelette.
3. Pineapple Cashew Fried Rice with Vegan Eggs: This summer meal combines sweet pineapple, crispy fried rice, and protein-packed cashews. For better fried rice, add a vegan egg prepared from chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, pea protein, and kala namak.
4. Garden Vegetable Fried Rice: This earthy, delicious recipe uses cauliflower, shallots, peas, swiss chard, and fresh mint. It makes a great side dish with tofu or vegan meat or for a picnic or BBQ with friends.
5. 20-Minute Vegan Fried Rice: Simple vegan fried rice dish in 20 minutes for time crunch. It's full of vegetables, but you can add more. Try pan-fried tempeh, vegan chicken chunks, or extra-firm tofu for protein, and double the sriracha and chili oil for spice!
6. Cauliflower Fried Rice: Since it uses no rice, this recipe is a bit cheaty. Used cauliflower instead. Stay with us. It's quick, tasty, and healthful, and easy to make.
7. Plant-Based Chicken Fried Rice: If chicken fried rice was your go-to Chinese takeout order, you can make it at home with vegan ingredients and it tastes great. After trying this recipe with pulled king oyster mushrooms instead of chicken, you'll never eat fried rice any other way.